Smith Six

Smith Six

Friday, April 29, 2011

Sick little boys

We had a wonderful spring break, which  I will post pictures of soon! After our first day of being back to work and school I was greeted by Titan with a huge warm hug. When I picked him up and all the kids were playing outside except him I knew something wasn't right. He began crying and grabbing his stomach as we were getting in the car. As my kids do very often he projectile vomited all over the car including Tucker's backpack and completed homework:) Loud crys from everyone erupted immediately. Titan was crying because, well don't we all cry when we puke, Tyke was crying and gagging because of the smell, Tucker was HYSTERICAL because his backpack and most importantly his homework was COVERED in puke, and Trac was crying because he was still waiting on his turn to get in the car, and felt neglected! This is just one of the MANY times they have all felt very upset in unison! I breathe, try to focus on the most immediate task, and go from there. After about 15 minutes of changing clothes and cleaning puke we all finally got settled...well I thought. As I am finishing up buckling Trac's seat I stuck my hand in something that I thought was puke I somehow missed. NO it was a VERY yucky stinking bulging mess coming out of Trac's diaper. This was not my idea of starting off our afternoon nicely.

I had planned to go home and make a good dinner, since it was one of our only nights without somewhere to go. Luckily my sister was kind enough to meet me at the grocery store so I could quickly go in and grab the couple items I needed without dragging all four very disgruntled kids along with me. As I got home and half way into dinner two of my kids were burning up and clinging to me like glue. Needless to say after a very long night we made a visit to the doctor first thing the next morning. I sent Tucker to school, because he was fine. I made the appointment for Titan and Trac, but before we left the office Tyke was burning up too. They ALL tested positive for STREP. We left there with 7 prescriptions, and we are on the mend now. I hate for my kids to be sick for many reasons 1-I feel helpless for  them 2- They all want my undivided attention and it's very hard to give it to them all at once and 3- The constant medicating of them and laundry washing is exhausting. Also, this was Seth's first full week of Spring football practices, so he managed to pretty much dodge this bullet all together...
This is the chair he wanted to stay in. He threw up all over both of us in this chair. He was so sweet though, he kept saying "Mommie will you just wock me and sing me a wuwiby (song)?" I couldn't tell him no!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Devin, I am so glad they are feeling better! And I'm telling you, it seems like the Dads always get lucky and are out of pocket at times like this! Hmmm coincidence....I think NOT! lol

    ReplyDelete